12.14.2010

A Dog Called Gigi


This little dog is AJIG's new favorite stuffed animal.
I will give you the backstory:

My grandma, AJIG's great-grandma,
passed away in May.
We called her Gigi for AJIG.
AJIG and Gigi had a very special relationship.
Although AJIG was a mere 7 months old
when her Gigi passed,
she knows who she is.
She reaches for pictures.
She talks to her Gigi in the photos.
She said "Gamma" the first time
we went to Gigi's house after she passed.
She loves her Gigi.

Now, my grandfather, Gigi's husband,
passed away two weeks ago.
We were at Goodwill on the day of his funeral.
My sister was showing AJIG different stuffed animals,
trying to keep her happy.
AJIG wanted nothing to do with any of them.
Until.
Until Aunt Sara held up this one.
This black dog.
This Ty beanie baby poodle.
She just had to have it.
She snuggled it and loved on it the whole way to the register.
We had the cashier ring the dog up first.
Before I handed it back to AJIG,
I checked the tag for the name.
And tears filled my eyes as I read the name:

Gigi ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment